Social Media Manager Intern
The Irish Fair of Minnesota Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on experience planning one of the most family friendly events in the Twin Cities and one of the most authentic Irish festivals nationwide. The Irish Fair is attended annually by 80,000 to 100,000 people.
We are looking for 1 intern with experience with or strong interest in:
- Social Media Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Public Relations
Day times are available, approximately 10 hours per week, September 15, 2018 - March 2019. Dates and times are flexible. Optional to extend to Spring/Summer Internship position if candidate desires.
Intern positions are unpaid, however, the experiences with Irish Fair of Minnesota will provide opportunities to network, build a portfolio and gain valuable professional skills. Interns will be trusted with leading projects that will give them real experience in their chosen profession.
- Supports the Director and Event Manager in implementing and creating the social media marketing plan for the 2019 Irish Fair of Minnesota.
- Demonstrates competency in creating, planning, and scheduling social media posts and can change and alter communication strategies to continuously appeal to and engage new and old followers.
- Writes and creates marketing content which promotes Irish Fair and Irish Fair’s sponsors and community partners. Ability to research and understand the values and goals of Irish Fair and Irish Fair’s sponsors and community partners.
- Interns in this position will not only be responsible for managing the social media of a large event, but also develop management skills, build upon existing communication skills, and add to their resumes.
- Project management skills, effective organization, communication, and time management skills
- Flexibility and the willingness to work hours necessary to get the job done
- Personable, detail oriented, able to adapt to a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Needs to be a team player, independent problem solver, and possess a positive attitude
- Able to work under general supervision and to exercise independent judgment
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows OS and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Possesses skill in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer service
- Must have access to your own laptop
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Preference will be given to those possessing strong communication, and organizational skills. The candidate need not be from a non-profit background. The candidate need not be a student. To apply, send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: FALL INTERNSHIP 2018