The Irish Fair of Minnesota, our planet’s largest free celebration of Irish culture will take place Friday, August 9 through Sunday, August 11.
The unique once a year celebration offers attendees an opportunity to celebrate authentic Irish Heritage through a multitude of activities; such as, step dance, traditional group dance, native Irish dogs, gaelic sports and of course plenty of pints and Jameson!
Irish Fair of Minnesota, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that produces the largest Irish festival in Minnesota on the second full weekend in August each year.
- Educates more than 100,000 people who attend the Fair, about the rich Irish heritage, culture and traditions
- Collaborates with over 25 local organizations and groups to promote Irish culture year round
- The 2011 Fair featured 350+ local, national and international entertainers on 13 different stages/venues
- Has given over $70,000 back to the community through the Legacy Fund
- Enlists the help of 407 volunteers in four days, totaling 3,286 hours!
Through contributions to our Legacy Fund, the Irish Fair provides an opportunity for individuals to express passion for their heritage, support the Irish cultural renaissance and strengthen the vitality of new immigrant communities in Minnesota.
The Irish Fair is a volunteer-driven organization with more than 30 filled volunteer staff positions, another couple dozen folks who assist on committees and over 250 volunteers the weekend of the festival. Please contact us if you want to get involved.
Download Patrick O'Donnell's findings about the Irish Fair of Minnesota's history: Brief History of the MN Irish Fair 1980-2011