The Legacy Fund supports the renaissance of Irish cultural activities and strengthening the vitality of new cultural communities in Minnesota.
Irish Minnesotans love to celebrate their heritage and actively seek ways to express this pride. In creating The Legacy Fund, the Irish Fair of Minnesota is creating a means by which members of the Irish community can contribute monetarily to strengthen our own heritage, while also helping to strengthen the vitality of new cultural communities in the Twin Cities.
The Legacy Fund represents our unique experience as an Irish community and our desire to preserve and advance the unique experience of immigrant communities new to Minnesota.
100% of your donation will go towards keeping Irish Fair of Minnesota FREE and Sharing Irish Culture.
The Irish Fair of Minnesota uses PayPal to collect donations; you will be redirected to the PayPal website to complete your donation.
- Deepen Minnesota’s Irish community’s sense of identity and connection
- Promote Irish heritage in a more extended and profound way than we can at the Fair
- Aid new cultural communities in their pursuit to share, strengthen, and advance their heritage
- Have a significant impact on the community by raising $100,000 over 10 years (2006-2016)
Use of Funds
All funds raised will be distributed through a grant program on an annual basis. Two-thirds will go to Irish cultural projects, one-third to new cultural projects.
Impact of Support
Funds raised will create a touchstone for the community – a means for Irish folks to share their culture, to remain connected to their heritage, and for children to learn the history and traditions of their ancestors. In time, it will contribute to the definition of what it means to be Irish in Minnesota and really raise the prominence of the Twin Cities to be “all things Irish”. Finally, it will help the organization be true to its mission of promoting and cultivating Irish culture and preserving a rich heritage of traditions for future generations.
Examples of Support
Through a pilot program in 2006, nearly $50,000 was distributed to organizations.
- Center for Irish Music Supporting a youth workshop weekend and program development.
- Hmong American partnership for expansion of a cultural orientation and English language program for new Americans.
- COMPAS Irish cultural residencies in predominantly immigrant-attended elementary schools.
- Irish Music and Dance Association/Perpich Center for the Arts Cultural Trunk for Educators and Artists
- Paddy O’Brien Volume II of his internationally significant Irish tune collection.
- Somali Arts Association for a holiday concert to help galvanize the Somali arts community.
- Robert Emmets Twin Cities Hurling Club Equipment, marketing support, and official training.
- Center for *Studies “Irish Voices, Indian Voices” seminar.
*The Legacy Fund does not support the activities at the Irish Fair
Words of Thanks from Past Recipients
“The Irish Fair’s support – financial, promotional, and organizational – has been an integral piece of the Center’s early success. Their grant funds will allow more kids in Minnesota to learn traditional Irish music on hard-to-find traditional instruments… we are securing the next generation of musicians in the Twin Cities. They will share their passion for Irish music and culture in our community for years to come.”
Kate Dowling, Director of The Center for Irish Music
“The Irish Fair of Minnesota has picked up where the National Endowment for the Arts left off. My second tune collection – a companion to the one supported by the NEA, will preserve hundreds of Irish tunes that for centuries have been passed down musician to musician but have never been recorded or readily available for folks around the world to hear and learn.”
Paddy O’Brien, All-Ireland Accordion Champion
See your name here…become a Corporate Friend today!